I hope January is going well for you and that you have made one small positive change for 2017. For those of you who hope to exercise a bit more this year then this blog might help you move forward in achieving that goal. Love it or hate it exercising helps your mood, your energy levels and your confidence! It melts away stress.
I know too well how hard it can be to push yourself and get up off the couch and exercise. The amount of times I had a cuppa and a biscuit instead of going for a walk because of the rain is embarrassing. I had the best of intentions but lots of excuses.
This year, make no excuses. Set yourself a small goal. Believe in yourself and if you put your mind to it, go and do it. You will be glad you did.
We all need to be moving more. Little things like using the stairs, picking a parking spot furthest from the office or shop and getting out for 15 minutes fresh air at lunch time will make a big difference. One of the things I love most is to go dancing and believe me dancing burns lots of calories. Most importantly make exercise fun.
For all types of exercise the starting point is definitely having a positive mind. This also goes for those of you trying to lose weight. The starting point for a positive body image is also having a positive mind. We all need positivity in our lives.
Here are a few ideas to get you started for 2017. Try one or two everyday and I promise, you will begin to feel happier in yourself and in your body.
- Write a top-10 list of things you like about yourself – things that are not related to how much you weigh or what you look like.
- Surround yourself with positive people as much as possible.
- Do something nice for yourself – something that lets your body know you appreciate it. (Have a relaxing bath, go to bed early, drink more water.)
- Use the time and energy that you might have spent worrying about food, calories and your weight and do something positive with it.
- No negative thoughts because a negative mind will never give you a positive life.
- Take a deep breath in – this will calm your body and mind. Then breathe out slowly and smile.
- Be the type of person you would want to meet.
- Next time it rains go for that walk.
If you feel positive you can move forward and achieve any goal; relationship, fitness or weight related.
Get up, get out and believe in yourself. I have achieved many goals including loosing over five stone and running a marathon. You can achieve your goals and believe me you will feel a million dollars.
Remember No Excuses
Thanks for reading
Click follow if you would like to get future updates.